Monday, June 18, 2007

Captain's Blog

Yesterday I was talking to my dad, along with some of my siblings, about his life in high school. He revealed to us that he was somewhat of a nerd, or as he put it; “introverted.” I don’t think any of were surprised by this comment knowing that my dad can regularly be found with book in hand, carries multiple pens in his shirt pockets (including a highlighter), and adores Star Trek. Knowing the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, I’ve reluctantly decided to accept my nerdiness, which can be manifest through my excitement level for the new Star Trek movie. The script has just been finished and they’re trying to rejuvenate the franchise by going back to the beginning when James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock meet at Starfleet Academy and go on their first mission. J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Mission Impossible III) is set to produce and direct the eleventh film in the series, which leaves me no doubt that it’s going to be good. Casting rumors include Matt Damon and Adrien Brody as Kirk and Spock respectively. I’ll probably be there opening night with my fellow nerdlings along with my nerd father.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

I've recently been told by an instructor that I'm "such a nerd." And, I believe it was you who described me as "geek" not too long ago...

While I have never been a Treky, the all-star line up...ahem, J.J. ABRAHMS! and then you even threw in Matt Damon and Adrien Brody, caught my attention. Really, you had me at JJ. Just today I was telling a classmate I had the strongest desire to watch Alias again. That is the first and second season of Alias, after JJ left the series went downhill. I don't even want to talk about the last season and the series finale.

Kathryn said...

Nerdy.

JedBoy said...

Wendi - I don't recall calling you a "geek," but that doesn't mean I didn't think it. ;) I wouldn't worry about it too much if you are one though, because it's been written that "geeks shall inherit the earth." *

Kathy - Wow. You finally commented on my blog. You have no idea how thrilled I am! Oh, and thanks for calling me 'nerdy,' even though it's your husband that buys nerd ropes when he's sad.

*Holy writ

Anonymous said...

Um...excuse me? Did you just call me a "NERDLING". I resent that...

JedBoy said...

Bird - You are what you eat.

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!