Friday, January 4, 2008

IMDB it!!!


Jonathan Pryce and Tom Courtenay


If you’ve ever used the above phrase before then you’re not alone. I was recently watching the trailer for the new George Clooney movie, Leatherheads—a cross between O Brother, Where Art Thou? and The Philadelphia Story—when I saw an actor that I had recently seen in something else, but couldn’t quite place him. So, I IMDB’d the movie and found out that it was Jonathan Pryce, who also played Kiera Knightley’s dad in the Pirates movies. I then remembered that I had thought he played another character in that movie The Golden Compass, but I couldn’t find him in the list of the cast. However, I did find another guy that looks and sounds like Jonathan Pryce named Tom Courtenay, who played Newman Noggs in one of my all-time favorite movies, Nicholas Nickleby. Few! Tragedy averted. Has this ever happened to you? Do you have any IMDB stories??


Leatherheads Trailer!!!

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Am I the only one who had copy and paste your entry to translate it?

Brilliant.

Thomas J. Willis said...

I love IMDbing stuff. It's a little hobby I have, and it has greatly increased my movie savvy. After watching a movie I just go to it's IMDb page and browse around.

I love Nicholas Nickelby, too. Haven't read the book, though.

JedBoy said...

wendi - thanks for catching that. i didn't do it deliberately even though it was kind of cool. sometimes when i edit my blog on firefox, it does weird things on internet explorer.

thomas - thank you. i knew i wasn't alone.

Blair said...

I IMDBed the dad from Juno after seeing on Friday night because Sam and I couldn't figure out what he was in . . . he's the boss in the Spiderman movies!

JedBoy said...

Blair - Awesome!! Yeah, I loved the Dad in Juno, I thought he had some really hilarious scenes, but so did everyone. Did you love it??

ASmith said...

I spent exactly one full semester of Accounting 1620 on IMDB. Could I tell you how to meet your IRS 1080 form specifications? No, sir.

But I can tell you the best movies of the Kurt Russell mullet era. (You know it's Escape from New York.)

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!