Monday, May 7, 2007

What did you think of Spidey 3?

Now that Spider-Man 3 has already broken some opening weekend records and made like a kajillion (1,000 bajillion) dollars, despite receiving mixed or average reviews, what did you guys think of it? First of all, I liked it. It was a perfect summer movie blockbuster. Yeah, the plot was a little thinner than usual, and it was suffering from what I like to call the “Batman & Robin” syndrome (i.e. way too many characters for adequate character development). With that being said, the special effects were amazing I also thought the acting was pretty good, especially Harry (James Franco). I do think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t drunk my weight in soda. So, was it what you expected or was it a tangled web of disappointment (man, I’m so witty).

Some things to consider:

-Too many villains? Who would you get rid of?

-Bad Peter Parker’s emo hairdo

-Bad Peter Parker’s dance scene

-Amazing special effects?

-Venom/Sandman lame or cool

-Why did the black goo stick to Peter?

-Was the butler scene really necessary?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went with good old Jedboy. I would agree it wasn't everything I hoped. But it was enjoyable. I was entertained for the duration of the movie. I would have to say the best part of the evening was watching Jedboy run from the theater in a mad dash for the restroom, due to the massive amounts of soda. Funny.

Alexia said...

I almost went to see it in Kuwait, but it was like $14, so I figured I could wait. On another note, I have adored James Franco ever since Freaks and Geeks, though I have never really liked him much in the Batman series (his acting, not his character).

JedBoy said...

Fred - Yes those were good times. But, I believe you made your own mad dash to the restroom as well.

Lex - I think that's why I liked James Franco in this one, it reminded me more if his "Freaks and Geeks" character than the other Spider-Mans

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!