Monday, October 29, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Apparently, Ron Howard and Tom Hanks have decided to fast-track ‘Angels and Demons,’ the prequel to ‘The Da Vinci Code,’ due to the looming writers’ strike. I’m excited for the second movie, because I thought that ‘A & D’ was a better book and more suited for a movie adaptation. Of course, I’m not excited to see Hanks’ faux mullet again.

Watch the mullet catch wind and carry Tom to safety!

I’ve recently discussed all the Oscar-potential movies that I wasn’t excited to see this year. It sounds as if I’m not the only one who’s decided that indie films are too depressing. Here’s an article explaining America’s lack of desire to see these dire movies, but rather more escapist fare. Dramas used to really be in vogue around this time of year, but it seems people are more interested in kiddie flicks and horror sequels.

‘Scrubs’ is coming back for its final season, but the creators of the show have decided to tone down the broad comedy a little, reminiscent of the first season. I’m excited about this since the first season is probably my favorite one. Also, look for a ‘Princess Bride’-themed episode this year. Inconceivable!

So, the Jazz are ranked seventh in this week’s ESPN power rankings. I only have one question: how did they move up one spot from last week if they haven’t even played a game yet?

4 comments:

Jack of Hearts said...

Hey, where's "I'm Not There" and Cate with all of your Oscar talk?

sacdaddy said...

Who's Oscar?

Unknown said...

It isn't just Tom Hanks' hairdo that I didn't like about his Robert Langton portrayal. No disrespect to the Hanks, I love him, and I love Ron Howard, but I didn't think he was well cast for this part. I kind of thought that David Duchovny might have been good - someone known but not huge, and charming (and more attractive than Tom) but not overbearing. Tom was a bit old and kind of played him dull. For Angels and Demons (which I agree is a little more fast paced and makes for a better keep-your-attention movie), I think that Monica Bellucci should be Vittoria. She is always French in things, but she is actually Italian. She is beautiful, closer to Tom's age, and if you saw Tears of the Sun, she can pull off being smart. I've though about this a bit. :)

JedBoy said...

duane - i did mention cate and 'i'm not there' in the post 'and the oscar goes to...'

sacdaddy - he's the grouch

hayls - i totally agree about tom hanks. i always thought jim caviezel, from 'count of monte cristo' would've been perfect. and, yes, i'll see anything with monica bellucci. ;)

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!