Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Speaking of Irish Musicals....

Check out this movie trailer for the movie Once! I saw this at Sundance and completely loved it. I also met the actors and director after the screening of the film, which was a pleasant surprise. The most amazing thing about this movie was that the "actors" are actually musicians, but they completely pull it off. I heard them later perform in concert--they're really good! It looks like Fox Searchlight picked up the film, which might be a good omen since Napolean Dynamite was picked up from that movie studio after it premiered at Sundance. Most movies shown at Sundance are hardly ever distributed to the mainstream movie-going public, but this movie must have struck a nerve with the few who saw it--it won the Audience Award. Check out their myspace page and listen to the song "Falling Slowly."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the Music and short clip!

Keep on rockin' in the free world!!!

Ro

JedBoy said...

Ro,
I had no idea you looked at my blog-- that makes me really warm and fuzzy inside. Interestingly enough, it's the same feeling I get when you wear tie-dyed collared shirts. Anyway, thanks for the comment and, btw, you're a basketball fiend!

Anonymous said...

I passed the trailer onto my Irish friend for him to take a look and confirm it's validity. You never can be too careful. There are a lot of Irish impersonators out there. Looks like a good one.

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!