Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ricky & Lyndi

Yesterday my friend asked me if I wanted to take engagement pictures of him and his fiancé. I laughed a little to myself until I looked up and realized he was serious. I asked whether or not he wanted someone that knew what they were doing. He said, “How hard can it be—just point and shoot.” Well, I got a new camera for Christmas and had yet to use it, so I decided to rise to the challenge. We found a little place up Provo canyon that I knew about, and after bribing the old man that lived there to let us take some pictures we got out the camera and went to work. We ended up taking almost 200 pictures in one hour and now they’re having trouble deciding which ones they like best for their announcement. I thought I’d let you guys take a look at some of the ones I like. What do you think?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jed! Jeez! I had no idea you had talents!...ok except for being completely awesome...hahaha I had to say that cuz you're MY brother-what could be more awesome than that! Anyways I think my favorites are the one leaning against a rock, or the one where they're next to the barn. Yes! I love them! Way to go Jed-I'm proud!

Wendi said...

Engagement Photographer Genius! Engagement Photographer + Provo = $$$. Capitalize your talent and use this free market society that we call the United States.

I second bird. I love the barn picture and I will add the laughing, close-up.

And, as a dear combat photographer advised: SHOOT. SHOOT. SHOOT.

Jamie Wride said...

Very impressive photos Jed! Who knew you were such a photographer! Maybe you should take over my job for me.

I'm going to have to agree with Wendi on the photos, barn first choice, laughing second. Lighting, backround, expressions....really great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done bro....forget your civic duties. It's time to focus on engagement pictures. In fact, it might be a good idea to focus on your own engagement picture. Who's going to be in that one? Hey, I'll take the pics.

Your funniest brother....

Roland Erickson said...

WoW!!! You are a stud!

dave + kirst said...

hey good job Head! See you didn't even need me that night :D Just look at what you can do when you push yourself!

currently listening 2...


currently listening to...


jazz it up!